Transitional Life Solutions, St. Louis, Missouri
Transitional Life Solutions provides support services for individuals with difficulty moving from one key life transition phase to the next. Individuals may or may not have a formal diagnosis e.g., Autism Spectrum Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Communication Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Verbal or Non-Verbal Learning Disability. An individual who is experiencing a "Failure to Launch," a phrase commonly used today, may present with an impaired ability to initiate, plan, organize, and follow through on age appropriate tasks. Interpersonal communication, particularly in a social context may be problematic, with other behavioral concerns prevailing that have significant impact on the achievement of personal life goals. Individuals may have attempted college and or technical school and failed to complete, or may have completed their education, but failed in their effort to either get a keep a job. Excessive time spent in isolation; much of which is technology based; i.e. gaming, internet surfing, watching youtube videos may be typical.
To assist individuals in their efforts to facilitate mastery of challenging life transitions. To understand and embrace the uniqueness of each individual's needs and abilities. To seek measurable and meaningful improvement in the lives of all persons served.
Typical clients may exhibit one or more of the following (list not all inclusive):
- Difficulty with initiation, planning, organization, and/or problem solving.
- Difficulty with time management and follow through on daily living activities.
- Independent living skills inconsistent with expectations for age.
- No career, vocation, or job focus or efforts undertaken not successful.
- Problems in social inclusion, relationships, social awareness, and/or taking the perspectives of others.
- Difficulty with understanding social codes and rules or reading non-verbal cues of others.
- Obsessive/Compulsive Traits
- Rigidity/Resistance to Change
- Lacks assertiveness, does not advocate for self, and/or accept personal responsibility.
- Lack of Motivation
- Safety Concerns
- Difficulty w/Boundary Setting
*Program not appropriate for severe behavioral or substance abuse problems.
* Transitional Life Solutions is Community Based, with all intervention occurring in individual's home, community, living setting, work, volunteer site, educational institution or TLS office. Current Funding via Private Payment. Should Insurance support some aspect of a client's program, information will be provided to family for billing purposes.
Call 314.560.6159 today for your free and private telephone consultation.